Thursday 14 June 2012

Superhero Challenge - Marvel Hero!

Hello everyone :)
Today I have my next Superhero Challenge post! This time I'm showing you some nail art inspired by a Marvel Comics Hero! Again, like the last post, I didn't want to do a common hero so I went and looked at some less well known heroes that Marvel have created and came across this guy...
 
Captain Britain! I thought he was very fitting for this challenge seeing as we're all British ladies taking part in this challenge....
So I decided that for this challenge I wanted to have my nails all the same so I took my inspiration from Captain Britain's outfit.
 For these nails I used Color Club Cold Metal for the base, OPI Alpine Snow for the base of the cross and then China Glaze Poinsettia over the top of the white. I've never used Cold Metal before and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the application was, if I was careful I could have gotten away with one coat! I used two coats of each polish in this nail art.
I'm really pleased with how these turned out. I know my lines aren't perfectly straight but they're better than they would have been a few weeks ago :P Unfortunately nobody knew they were based on a superhero until I told them :P Although people enjoyed learning all about Captain Britain :P (He was intended to be the British version of Captain America!) 

Thanks for reading :)
Also, check out the other girls who are taking part in this challenge along with me to create the Super Six!
Debbie at The Crumpet

12 comments:

  1. I love how you did Captain Britain, a customer came in today for his Marvel book that he collects and hes was saying that this weeks hero better be better than last weeks bad one which happens to be Captain Britain lmao he was so funny! This is superb I love that you are doing the lesser known characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's funny! :P Thanks for telling me :) Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I knew of No Captain Britain..Until today!!! I love this! even my boyfriend loves this! Awesome Manicure sweetie!! x

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm glad you and your boyfriend like these nails! Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  3. lol, how perfect and appropriate is that!! awesome choice and a great mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I though too when I found out about him :p Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! I like how you are looking for the lesser know characters! I also like that your chose to do a part of the costume instead of recreating the whole character! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like finding out about characters that I didn't know of before and sharing them with everyone, so it's good to know that you're enjoying them :)

      Delete
  5. Wow I'd never heard of him before either. Lovely mani hun x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute! Even if no one knows who Captain Britain is. :')

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...