Wednesday 27 June 2012

Summer Fun Challenge - Pool Party

Hello everyone :)
Today I have another post for the Summer Fun Challenge for you all. The theme for this post is Pool Party and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I haven't done a water marble in a while, and I've never done a full water marble, only ever as an accent nail so I thought this was the perfect chance to do one. Here's what happened...
Oh my god! It turned out perfect!! This is exactly what I wanted when I thought about this theme, and it's the first time I've managed to do a full water marble without giving up :P
For this water marble, I used OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze For Audrey and Zoya Charla. I've decided that Charla is the perfect colour if you need to do any kind of manicure to do with water or mermaids :P It's such a versatile colour and I've used it so much on my nails already :)
I took this photo outside just to give you a better idea of the true colours of the polishes. I used the colours above because they reminded me of the water and also tiles that line swimming pools, I think they all worked well together :)
Overall, this is the best I could have hoped for. These turned out awesome, in my opinion :P And I love how this picture shows the super sparkliness of Charla, it's such a gorgeous polish. If you don't own it, seriously you need it!! :P

Have you ever done a mani inspired by water? What colours did you use? Let me in the comments :)

Please bare with me if my posting is a bit strange this week as my son has caught chickenpox so I'm trying to get my posts up around him :)
Thanks for reading :)





3 comments:

  1. The colours go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant post a pic because my camera is R.I.P. so i cant post until i get a new one. but i am wearing Bluey buy butter london. A beautiful sparkling blue that reminds me of pools. the only other color i would pick would be Essie Beach bum blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled the Butter London polish and wow is it beautiful! You have good taste ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...