Sunday 25 March 2012

The Hunger Games - Girl On Fire Nails

Hello everyone! :)
I'm off to see The Hunger Games with my boyfriend tonight. So last night I sat down and thought about what to do with my nails. I wanted to recreate the Mockingjay but I knew I'd never be able to do it without it looking like a huge blobby mess so I settled on Katniss inspired flame nails instead. So here's a look at what I did...
My clean up job on these was rubbish but I needed to get the pictures on here, I was so excited! :P
I used two coats of China Glaze Smoke and Ashes as the base and then topped with my matte top coat. I then drew random flame like shapes on my nails using two coats of H&M Berry Love. I then added two coats of China Glaze Riveting on top of the red but made sure to leave some red polish showing. I then added a further two coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and again left some of the underneath polish showing. This shows the layering of the colours and makes it look fire like. I then topped the flames with one coat of China Glaze Electrify, which I think makes the flames look more alive like the sparks you get coming off fire. I then added a regular topcoat over the flames and matte topcoat on the ring finger nail.
I uploaded this picture onto twitter and pinterest last night and I got the most repins I think I've ever gotten :P I think the colours in this picture really bring out the flames and I just love how it looks.

For this nail art I just used the brush included with the polish, no special tools or anything. I'm thinking about making a tutorial if anyone is interested? Let me know in the comments :)

Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did this all with just a regular brush! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I love the colors you did on the flames =) Hope you enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...