Sunday 1 July 2012

Lazy Days Of Summer Challenge - Summer Ombre

Hello everyone :)
Today I have the second post for the Lazy Days Of Summer Challenge! The theme for this post was Summer Ombre. I've done several ombre manicures before so I wanted to do something a bit different this time. I was thinking of different colour schemes I could use and then it hit me. I wanted to do an ombre with different types of polish, glitter, shimmer etc.. rather than just cremes. Up until recently I hated ombre's that weren't all creme polishes but now I'm loving them! So here's what I did...
I decided to do a green to blue/teal ombre as these colours always remind me of summer and the sea :) So I picked these colours based on that theme. I think they're rather fitting :) I also decided that I wanted to just sponge the polish onto the tips of my nails and fade to the bottom to give a different effect.
From top to bottom the polishes I used were Color Club Perfect Mol-Ten, Color Club Holiday Splendor, Essence Twins Bella and Zoya Charla. I wish I'd used a base colour on my nails as in these pictures there is some nail line visible. This wasn't the case in real life however :)
I really like how these came out, I've fallen in love with using different types of polish in ombres and will definitely be doing more of this in the upcoming months. 

Do you like ombres using just cremes? or different types of polish? Let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...