Wednesday 25 July 2012

Pedicure Time Featuring My Mum

Hello everyone :)
Today I have a new kind of post for you all. My mum works in  factory and operates machines, I always want to paint her nails but they chip after a day and she wont let me change them that often :P So we came to a compromise a while ago that I could paint her toenails every week instead, she wears flip flops quite often so people always notice when her toes are pretty :) I thought that I'd start sharing her pedicures with you all as we decide on some quite nice nail art together. It's a great bonding experience too :) So here's this weeks nails...
Please ignore my mums gross looking feet, she's just got in from work and wouldn't let me do anything with them before taking the photos :p Anyway, my mum told me she wanted red, white and blue nails and then let me run wild with what kind of nail art I wanted to do. So I decided on a jelly sandwich with an accent on the big toe nail.
I used three coats of China Glaze Ride The Waves for the blue nails, two coats of H&M Berry Love on the red toes and two coats of OPI Alpine Snow on the white toes as the base colours. I then applied one thick coat of Milani Gems on each nail. I then layered Ride The Waves over the top of the blue nails, OPI Big Hair...Big Nails over the red nails and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu over the white nails to create the jelly sandwich. I then created the cloud accent nail using one coat of Alpine Snow and one coat of H&M Berry Love. 

I honestly love how these turned out and so does my mu, she is always amazed at the ideas I come up with and is genuinely pleased everytime I paint her toes. She likes to show them off to her friends at work and tell me about all the comments she gets :P

Do you paint the nails of your friends and family? Let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...