Tuesday 10 July 2012

Lazy Days of Summer Challenge - Flag Day

Hello everyone!
I'm so excited for the post I have for today, I've been planning it for a while. Originally I wanted to do something to tie in with the 4th of July but I thought everyone would do that and seeing as I'm from the UK I thought I'd use flag day to showcase my country :) Then I thought, maybe I should do the flag of the country I go on holiday to seeing as its a summer challenge but then I went back to my second idea :P Rambling over and onto the nails...
I decided that I would use the Union Jack for my nails and then create an accent nail with glitter. I originally was going to use Barry M Red Glitter for my accent nail then I forget to use it when I painted my base colour on :P
I used two coats of Color Club Cold Metal for the base on all of my nails. I love this polish so much, it applies like butter and gives great colour pay off, if you're careful you could get away with one coat! I then used acrylic paints to create the rest of the flag. I used one thick coat of China Glaze Love, Marilyn for the accent nail on my ring finger.
I'm so pleased with how these turned out! I tried to do nails like these for the Queens Diamond Jubilee but I failed at them so bad, the lines were wonky and it just looked awful! However, I bought myself some nice new nail art brushes and they helped me so much!
What flag would you have done for this theme? Let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...