Thursday 12 April 2012

April Showers Challenge - April Showers

Hello everyone :)
I have another April Showers Challenge post for you today and it's a good one! I;ve seen a few girls from the group do some wonderful April Showers nails and I wanted to do something that none of them had done already. I started searching around for pictures to inspire me and then I thought about some nails I did a little while ago. Here's what I did...
A cloud mani! I did some of these not too long ago and I thought that they'd be perfect to use for this challenge, just using different colours.
I used two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Gray By Gray for the base. I then added two coats of OPI I Vant To Be A Lone Star and created the cloud shapes with the polish brush. I then added 2 coats of Essence Twins Romeo to create the final cloud shapes. I then topped it off with one coat of Essence Twins Blair on the base colour to make it look like the clouds were raining.

I absolutely love how this turned out! Originally, I planned on doing rain covered tulips but I know it would have turned out awful :p. Cloud nails are so versatile, you can create so many different looks just be changing the colours you use.
Have you done a cloud mani? What tools and colours do you use? let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have yet to try a cloud mani, but I can see how versatile it is. I like both of your cloud manis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you interpreted it so well I love the clouds and the glitter works well with the gray. Kuddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! And totally spring where I live. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never done one before. Maybe the next challenge? I like this look a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so graphic and sophisticated. Good job! love them. I'm having a great time with this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...