Thursday 30 August 2012

Lazy Days of Summer Challenge - In The Garden

Hello everyone!
Sorry for the lack of posting just recently. I dropped my laptop on the floor and broke my charger so I couldn;t do any blogging :( My replacement charger came today though so prepare for lots of Lazy Days of Summer Challenge posts tomorrow, as we start the Autumn Challenge on Saturday!

So today I have another challenge post for you all, todays theme is In The Garden. I struggled to come up with something creative for this theme. I wanted it to reflect what's in my garden at home and I didn't want to do bugs or insects. I sat down and looked at my back garden for a while and decided to base my nails around the fence at the bottom of our garden, we have blackberries that grow entertwined with the fence and I thought that would look quite good...
For these nails I created a sponged gradient as the base. I painted two coats of OPI What's With The Cattitude? and sponged Jesse's Girl Girls Night Out onto the tips. I then used Models Own Nails Art Pen in Black to create the fence shapes and the birds. I then used a medium sized dotting tool and Fingerpaints Hipnotic to create the little blackberries. 
I'm very pleased with how these turned out, I wanted to add little leaves but I didn't want to ruin it :P 
Keep an eye out tomorrow for lots of catch up posts before I start tje new challenfge on Saturday! :)

Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. At first I thought you did the cover of The Hobbit! :) This looks so cool! Love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the darker tips with the bird :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...