Thursday 17 May 2012

April Showers Challenge - The Paper Gal

Hello everyone :)
Today I have the last but one post of the April Showers Challenge. Today's post is The Paper Gal, which is based on newspaper nails :) Now I tried this once before here and it didn't turn out too well. So I'm glad this has come up so that I can improve on the last attempt :P
So here's how I did...
Onto the polish! I used two coats of Essence Twins Chuck. I could have gotten away with one if I was more careful when applying it. This colour is beautiful but my camera never picks it up properly :( My camera picks it up as a royal blue but it's definitely blue/purple, there are some accurate swatches hanging around online if you want to check the actual colour. 
As you can see from the photo I got the print to stand out more this time! This is a great improvement on my last attempt :P So instead of dipping the newspaper into the Vodka like last time, I dipped my nail in and then pressed the newspaper onto the wet nail and this seems to work better! :)
However, I also had some problems with the newspaper leaving little bits of itself behind on my nails as you can see on my little finger :( Also, some nails have marks because my polish hadn't comepletly dried and I was pushing quite hard :( So I know this for next time now :P

Overall, I'm really pleased with how these nails turned out and now that I know how to do them properly I think I'll be playing around with them some more :)

Keep an eye out for my last challenge post tomorrow ;P
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

4 comments:

  1. I like the texture that the newspaper left - I think it looks really cool! And I like that you did a "real" color and didn't stick with the plain off white or grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I tried it with light green last time but wanted to see what would happen with a brighter colour this time :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you used a color! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...