Thursday 5 January 2012

OPI Rumples Wiggin' & Color Club Sugarplum Fairy

Hello everyone :)
Today I have another sparkly mani for you to feast your eyes on :P I wanted to use one of my untrieds from Color Clubs Beyond The Mistletoe set and decided on Sugarplum fairy which is a beautiful mix of light purple and holographic glitter. I decided I wanted to layer it over a similar colour and decided upon another untried OPI's Rumples Wiggin' from the Shrek Forever After collection. So here's what I came up with...
I really love how this mani changes depending on the light you see it in. In the shade it's very subtle and cute but when the light hits it the holo glitter comes out to play and even with a thin layer its really striking.
For this look I used three coats of OPI's Rumples Wiggin' which covered well and gave a great pastel purple colour without being too pale. I then layered one coat of Colour Clubs Sugarplum Fairy over the top and sealed with Seche Vite. I was very surprised with this mani as usually my nails chip after 1/2 days and have major tip wear. I've had this mani on for 3 days and only have one minor chip and barely any tip wear, colour me impressed :)
I also messed around with some bottle shots and I really liked how this one turned out, slightly blurry so you can see the holo effect. I think i'll start taking bottle pictures for my posts from now on, they look much cleaner and more professional.

Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty color. I like the bottle shot, looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SPARKLY!

    Here, have a Liebster Award, because, even though you are "across the pond" we share our obsession!

    http://bluebedbug.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The pics looks good, I usually like the way my bottle shots turn out too! I end up using more of those than just my nails.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...