Thursday 22 December 2011

Penguins

Hello everyone,
Today I'm going to show you a manicure I did a few days ago that I absolutely adored. This was one of my first attempts to do anything Christmas nail art related and I really loved how it turned out. I was browsing around weheartit and pinterest for inspiration for my nails and I stumbled across many penguin manicures and decided this is what I wanted to do. So here we are...
Here are my baby penguins :) Excuse the dragging on my index finger penguin, they took forever to dry :( Anyway I used two coats of Nails Inc. Eagle Street which is a beautiful dusty pink, I originally bought the nails inc set it was in just for this colour :) This polish surprised me with how opaque it is, in future I could get away with using just 1 coat with better application. For the penguins I used Barry M White and a nail art brush, followed by Barry M Black for the eyes with a dotting tool. I then used OPI Chopsticking To My Story for the beak and feet with a dotting tool. Also on my ring fingers I used Nails Inc. Shelton Street (from the same collection) to fashion a little bow tie for my penguin, how cute is that? :) 
Here's a close up of one of my penguins :) I was really pleased with how they came out, everyone I showed them to knew instantly that they were penguins so I'd say they were a success :p 
So I hope you enjoyed seeing my penguin mani and you're all getting ready for a lovely Christmas :)

Charlotte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...